A Few Words From Our Clients…
I got the job! This eGuide really works!
Three Jobs, Three Offers
“… Larry Light’s help got me three job offers. OK, maybe that’s giving him too much credit but after six months of fruitless job applications and interviews, his assistance on interviewing really helped me focus my communications during subsequent meetings with job prospects. His suggestion that every interview is an employer’s response to a problem that needs solving allowed me to better prepare for the interviews by researching ahead of time (via Web, friends who worked at the company, etc.) what the problem might be. As the interviews progressed I was quickly able to move past the cordialities toward affirming the key problem(s) the interviewer needed to solve. Then I was able to gain more control of the discussion by always filtering my responses in my mind and bring the discussion back to the key issues if we got off track or away from my strengths. Also his analogy of an interview being like a first date prompted me to always put my best “foot” forward and not be shy about why the interviewer should absolutely want a second “date.” The result, three interviews, three job offers. All Larry’s advice? Probably not. But I’m sure glad I had his words of wisdom before I met with each company.
–Eddie R. [who worked for a large credit card company and who, ultimately, worked for a Silcon Valley giant that issued an IPO]
Identifies Goals & Helps Achieve Them
–Hugh L. [well-known Los Angeles lawyer]
The Perfect Job Finding eGuide
– Advance comment by Claire G. [retired H.S. teacher]
– Steve R.
Support & Great Advice
“You were a terrific source of support as well as some very practical advice:
1. The multi-level job search
2. Canvassing the entire coffee industry when I got some interest from B—– C—–
3. The power of networking
4. The need to hold back on salary as well as the line, ‘I have made a lot of money and not so much money.’ I used it at every interview that I went on after you told me! And that was a lot of interviews.
5. Your wonderful way of being supportive without being patronizing!”
– Patricia V.
“Especially I thank you for:
- Setting up a specific agenda and work plan for my job search
- Pointing out how many resources and potential contacts I have
- Review and polishing my resume
- Allowing me to become discouraged AND kicking me in the butt to keep it going
- Follow ups to assure I was following my work plan
As you know I landed at R————- as Director of Production & Manufacturing. I’m responsible for the printing and related services for the company.”